LF: RE: [500] Best receivers?

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: RE: [500] Best receivers?
From: "Michael Probert" <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 9 Sep 2007 09:44:35 +0100
Sender: [email protected]

Hello Mike,

I use ICOM 718 transceivers which tune from 30mhz down to 30kHz. Has built
in switched pre amp but usually find unnecessary on 500 as the rx is
extremely sensitive.  Can only fit one i.f filter so I have two 718s. One
with 125hz and other with 250hz. Filters imported from the States.  At the
current price of around £400 it must be the best buy in the market at
present.
Hope XYL and yourself are both well.

73

Mike GW4HXO.

Subject: LF: [500] Best receivers?

Thanks to those who have so far provided input for the new edition of
LF Today.

My next question is what are people's favourite receivers for use at
500kHz?

My IC-706 seems adequate, but my TS-850 is deaf due to the
attentuator switched in to prevent overload in the MW broadcast band.
So what is your experience?

Thanks in advance for any data.

de Mike, G3XDV

http://www.eset.com