Re: LF: Rugby - Anthorn

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Rugby - Anthorn
From: "Dave Sergeant" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2007 07:04:36 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
On 14 May 2007 at 23:50, Alberto di Bene wrote:

> The recent move of the 60 kHz time/frequency reference station from
> Rugby to Anthorn has considerably contributed to the diminution of RF
> pollution, at least here where I live... :-) Rugby was S9 on average,
> using the Roelof active whip, while Anthorn rarely exceeds S3...
>
> I thought I had to report this change of signal strength, even if it
> probably is of no interest for the majority of you... :-)
>
> 73  Alberto  I2PHD

Althorn is definitely a lot down in strength here in IO91PJ compared
with Rugby, and I know they had predicted this would be the case as
it is significantly further away. But if it is that far down in Italy
then maybe their new antennas are not getting out as well as the old
ones. Occasionally my MSF clock loses the signal.

73 Dave G3YMC

http://www.davesergeant.com