LF: Re: Rugby - Anthorn

Subject: LF: Re: Rugby - Anthorn
From: Alberto di Bene <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 17 May 2007 19:03:01 +0200
Cc: Alan Melia <[email protected]>
Sender: [email protected]
Z-usanet-msgid: XID841LeqRDe0061X39
Hi Alan,

I have measured the response of the S-meter of my R-75 at 60 kHz, using a W&G level generator and a Hatfield attenuator I had bought on eBay some time ago.

At 60 kHz, you need a signal of -67 dBm to have an indication of S9 on the receiver. To bring it down to S3, I had to insert using the Hatfield attenuator 17 dB of attenuation. So much for the linearity of S-meters...

So, for what this test is worth, apparently at my location Anthorn seems to be about 17 dB weaker than Rugby. The test is not much scientific, as I didn't take note in the past of the time of the day when I took the S9 reading, nor of its repeatability, but as a ballpark indication maybe it can say something.

73  Alberto  I2PHD