Re: LF: Re: Antenna Tuning

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Re: Antenna Tuning
From: "Mike Dennison" <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 09 Jul 2006 08:43:16 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Certainly, basic tuning can be done with simple coil taps, but once
that is done a transformer can be useful despite losses. This is
because it separates matching from tuning, which can interact when
using taps.

For setting up any new station, an essential item is a loading coil
with very many taps so that it can be easily varied from several
microhenries to several millihenries. This is far easier to engineer
than a variometer. The multi-tap coil can later be replaced with a
fixed inductor and variometer.

Mike, G3XDV