Re: LF: What's the best receiver?

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: What's the best receiver?
From: "Martin Evans." <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2006 11:02:25 -0000
Sender: [email protected]

How about doing Alberto's mod to the 950 which bring it up to 850
performance?

http://www.qsl.net/i2phd/TS950/change.html

Dave.

Hello Dave - yes, I know about Alberto's mod - very impressive, and I would dearly like to carry it out.

Two things stop me - firstly, my eyesight, which has been poor since childhood, is getting worse, and I'm afraid of making a mess of it.

Secondly, I don't know where to get the transformer!

Pathetic or what?

To be honest, my dodgy eyesight has shaken my confidence in being able to do anything but the crudest soldering job, and I would be much happier to just buy a box and plug it in.

Martin

GW3UCJ.