Re: LF: What's the best receiver?

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: What's the best receiver?
From: "Martin Evans." <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2006 11:42:33 -0000
Sender: [email protected]

OK well my penny-worth is to get an elderly TS440, 450 (and I believe the
140 is OK too but I don't know it) Sensitivity isn't the only consideration
you need excellent stability too which rules out radios such as my old Icom
735 which drifts around all over the place!
Why not just get a pre-amp from David G0MRF and stick it in front of the 950
which is a fine radio apart from its LF insensitivity?

Good luck
Dave.

Ah, now, that's more in my line, Dave.

I've made a note of these three being OK - oddly enough, someone offered me a TS140 a while ago.

I didn't know about David's preamps....David, are you listening? How do I get hold of one of your preamps?

Thanks Dave.

Martin

GW3UCJ.