LF: Re: Re: What's the best receiver?

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Re: Re: What's the best receiver?
From: "Martin Evans." <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2006 12:53:10 -0000
Sender: [email protected]
(clipped.....)

Usually the problem is not the reciever, several epople have used Direct
Conversion and simple TRF set-ups, it is the aerial and the local noise
level that determines what you can hear. Local geography is not so much of a problem on LF though, ground sloping down to the sea in a prefered direction
is obviously superb.

Cheers de Alan G3NYK

That's a VERY sore point, Alan....before I married, I lived on a hill, overlooking the sea...superb, on every band.

Then after marrying we bought a house in a valley....and the difference! It's as if all my front ends have blown.

I've saved your email Alan, full of information as it was, and I'll be acting on it in the coming months.

Thanks,
Martin
GW3UCJ