LF: Needless restrictions re : Trans Atlantic

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Needless restrictions re : Trans Atlantic
From: "captbrian" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2004 18:09:28 -0000
Sender: [email protected]
But "They" have an implicit duty to regulate only for some demonstrable universally desirable purpose...otherwise it descends to :

"Don't do that !"
"Why?"
"Because We said so ,that's why"

Examples : The USA society and way of life is very very similar to that of UK

1 ]  In the UK the strict keeping of a log of transmissions and "contacts" is  mandatory . A licence may be revoked for failure to jump thro' this hoop.; it is regarded as an Important Thing.

In the USA no-one cares whether you keep a log or not. The fabric of society in USA is not exactly crumbling because of the absence of log-keeping rules. No more would it do so in UK. But still we have this chore thrust upon us.

2}  In the UK  the annual hassle of renewing a licence on payment of a fee with exchange of accompanying bits of paper is regarded as an essential. duty. Large numbers of clerks are employed shuffling this pieces of paper around.

In USA it is done every ten years ,free of charge, by the equivalent of exchanging emails...The fabric of society in USA etc ...[ see above]

Someone is enforcing needless rules just for the sake of it.......

Bryan