Re: LF: Trans Atlantic

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Trans Atlantic
From: [email protected]
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2004 11:47:08 EST
Sender: [email protected]
EErrrrrmmmmm!

It would help those of us who engage in debate if others who reply do so in a way that does not result in a distortion of the point being made by the insertion of comments within the body of our own offerings.

No hard feelings Mal but I didn't sign my name to your comments even though I might agree with some of them !

My point was that we still have a few friends in high places even among commercial interests. I served alongside a trade federation member for quite a few years who is very prominent in the coridoors of power yet retains an active interest in amateur radio (as do I) to the extent of being a board member of a charitable foundation which is awarding scholarships to young amateurs.

Believe me those coridoors of power are accessed by many a greasy pole and having good friends there who are not caused embarassment by idiots among our ranks is worth a lot. You might be cynical about the future of amateur radio but I am hoping to continue "messing about with radio" well into my retirement years!

73 de Pat g4gvw