Re: LF: Trans Atlantic

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Trans Atlantic
From: [email protected]
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2004 11:49:55 EST
Sender: [email protected]
In a message dated 12/28/2004 11:13:19 AM Eastern Standard Time, [email protected] writes:
And what if this "acknowledgment" is in its turn transmitted not directly addressed to the acknowledged station,
but in a form of a beacon message, reporting just a list of heard stations, with the relative signal strenghts?
If that sort of transmission is permitted in one's country, it should present little problem.  Broadcasting news of interest to the amateur community at large is sometimes permitted.  I suppose there could be some question whether reception of stations in another service is newsworthy to hams in general.  Clearly, though, it would not constitute a QSO.

>>> "I know, Your Honor, I was caught while trying to climb mirrors, but is this sport forbidden?"

It could be a reflection of one's character.  :-)

John