LF: Re: 136kHz project cancelled

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: 136kHz project cancelled
From: "hamilton mal" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2004 03:54:33 -0000
Sender: <[email protected]>

----- Original Message -----
From: Dick
Sent: Thursday, January 22, 2004 7:44 PM
Subject: LF: 136kHz project cancelled

Hi Dick
Get rid of your troubles immediately by building the G3YXM or G0MRF designed 137 khz transmitters/amplifiers.
I have used a modified YXM design for years and it has proved very reliable. There is no point re-inventing the WHEEL
The components including chips are cheap. I have replaced the output transformer 3C85 core with an old TV line output core and it works just as well, I cannot detect any difference in RF output or heat etc. I have always used a fan blowing across this transformer and the LPF inductors plus another fan blowing across the MOSFET heatsink compartment.
The amplifier runs very COOL, heatsink just warm and the output transformer and LFP cold.
I use an ICOM 706 on 13.7 mhz and divide down to the required 137 khz frequency.
I use 4 mosfets 75N10 type and with a suitable PSU these are capable of nearly 1KW output. It depends what you have available but try 12 - 20 Volts, the current could be up to 50 plus amps !!!!!!!.
Good Luck and be careful AVOID smoke
de Mal/G3KEV