LF: my 137 kHz project......

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: my 137 kHz project......
From: "Dick" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2004 20:40:06 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>

Well, despite first negative results I now seems to get some positive results.........

Thanks to all here for the  "physical support" , it keeps me involved.........

For Mal, and others,...I just first want to get my costs as low as possible by using
things I have in my junkbox.
I soon expect to get a number of old (defect) SMPS-computer power supplies, which
at least contains an T106-26 core as well as an larger transformer.
Not sure about the FET's in these supplies, but when having several in my junkbox
it will be not a big problem when loosing some of them.
Meanwhile I also dismanteld some old computer monitors, which seem to be a nice
source for various components too. (some high-voltage/low loss capacitors. as well!!)

Meanwhile I ad an 7805 regulator to my circuit; lowering the ouput level to +7dBm.
I'm keying the 4060 on pin 12 , and that seems to work well.
Next will be the TDA2030 amp. Rich, OM2TW advised an high permeability core in
the step up transformer >2000.
I will test some core's......got a grey one, might be an 3C90 or what ever, no idea.
I just give it a try............

I am luck to have some nice transformers available; one of them is a 42V/20A device...........

With the start on LF, a lot of 'related to' work has to be done, like constructing special
measuring equipement, power supply, dummy load etc.
I do have a quite large and various amount of PVC pipe's (left-overs!) some of them being
20-30cm in diameter.....great stuff for large coils!

Well, now I'm returning to the soldering iron, and hopefully will rise my power above 1 Watt (hihi)

73

Dick pa4vhf      (now QRppppppppppp on 137kHz in a 50 Ohm resistor..........)