LF: RE: SOFT START

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: RE: SOFT START
From: "G4WGT - Gary" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 20:47:59 -0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hi to Mal & LF Group,

What Mal has said reminds me of when I used to do TV repairs in the days of VALVES (before solid state). A TV which I had on the bench monitoring for a fault must have had a faulty power supply electrolytic cap or had gone over-voltage on the supply rail, the cap had got very hot & exploded & the metal case of the cap fired like a mortor shell & burst half way thro' the top of the wooden cabinet (and yes it was real wood, not chipboard like today). I hate to think of the fact that I had been peering in the thing a few minutes before.

73

Gary - G4WGT