Re: LF: ID?

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: ID?
From: "Steve Olney" <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2001 17:11:45 +1100
Sender: <[email protected]>
G'day KEV,

Let me know when you are available to listen for me and I will check the
best
grey line times on the computer sunset/rise times.

Sorry, too busy watching the property for spot fires and keeping leaves off
the roof.  Need masks to work outside because of the smoke (since Thursday).
Looks like I will be doing that for the next week looking at the weather.
Then its back to work - what a way to spend my holidays.   Still, much
luckier than many who have lost everything.     When a firestorm goes
through it absolutely reduces to ashes everything except metal, brick and
concrete.   No time to do anything except grab a few precious things and
into the car and run for it.   Must be in turn terrifying and then
heart-breaking.

We are very lucky to have a Volunteer Bush Brigade tradition in this
country.    They have saved many houses through their skill, training and
sacrifice.     They are coming from other States (VIC, QLD and SA) to
assist.    The trip from SA is around 1000km.    They are our real Aussie
heroes.     They risk their life and limb for no financial reward - just the
chance to help their fellow Aussies and serve their community.   There are
apparently about a quarter-of-a-million country-wide.    Not bad in a
country of only 20 million.    Too bad we can't inject the same selfless
spirit into our self-serving politicians.

Suggest you ask the ZL lads to listen for you.    They are much more capable
at this moment.

73s
Steve VK2ZTO
Happy and Safe New Year.