Re: LF: 136

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: 136
From: [email protected]
Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2001 20:34:46 EST
Sender: <[email protected]>
Dear John and LF group,

DF6NM   identified

... what a nice surprise! But, after the kind reports es wishes from Laurie and Alberto, how could anything go wrong? Thanks a lot for listening and watching!

 Your sigs seem stronger than when I saw you last year.

... in spite of much less power. In February, I had used a 65m balloon-borne vertical, easily radiating 1 Watt unless pushed by a slight breeze. This time, it was my "normal" small LF ant, which has only a 170 pF top load, 11 m above the roof of our two-floor house. In the cold weather, the total resistance goes down from abt 36 to less than 30 Ohms, and my 130 W TX produces 120 mW radiated power (220mW EDRP). - Besides better condx, using DFCW mode may also have helped.

Thank you for all !

73 and best wishes for christmas

Markus, DF6NM

 Hi  If you send me your EMAIL address,  I will send you JPEG
 of your sigs from last night.

Yes please, I'd love to see them ! [email protected].