Re: LF: Please more normal CW activity on Saturday and Sunday morning

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Please more normal CW activity on Saturday and Sunday morning
From: "Dave Sergeant" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2001 06:44:09 -0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
From Dave G3YMC

Steve Rawlings wrote:
I think that the golden days of LF are finished, and, today, I
would not advise anyone to waste their time building an LF
station

I would tend to agree with most of the points Steve made in his email.
There is a desperate need for more normal CW QSOs on the band if we are to
encourage new operators on the band - as far as the UK is concerned we have
seen very few of these in recent months.  Perhaps it is my own fault that I
have yet to have a 136 QSO this year, but lack of activity must form part of
the reason.

It should also be mentioned that the content of this reflector is also part
of the same problem.  I remember the time when John G4GVC was very active
(come back John!) when there were many mails about what others had been
doing on the band - now it is full of esoteric mode discussion and even more
mails which get directly deleted.  I know many of you are into these modes,
but many of the new blood we need may well be disillusioned if they come
here looking for general guidance.

As for band plans, all I would say is that there is no excuse for operating
QRSS for an inter European QSO during Sunday daytime in the most active part
of the normal CW segment.

73s Dave G3YMC
[email protected]
[email protected]