Re: LF: Please more normal CW activity on Saturday and Sunday morning

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Please more normal CW activity on Saturday and Sunday morning
From: "Steve Rawlings" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2001 21:16:47 +0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hello Dick

Although family commitments make it difficult for me to operate
on Saturday and Sunday mornings, I will attempt to operate late
morning on Sundays if the band sounds too quiet.

Over the past two years, I have tried to keep in touch with those
active LF operators who do not monitor this Reflector.  Prompted
by your excellent initiative, I propose to write to the 20 active
and 'dormant' 136 kHz operators in the UK who are not in the LF
Group, and include a copy of:
- your original Email suggesting more activity on Saturday &
Sunday mornings; and,
- your Email summarising the results.
(Dick, I trust that this is OK with you.  Let me know if you
would prefer that I did not include your Emails.)

As a member of the G-QRP Club, I will also write to the editor of
SPRAT, offering to write an article about 136 kHz.  I've also
updated my web site to further encourage newcomers to start
building, suggesting that those interested try listening on
Saturday and Sunday mornings.

Regards to all,
Steve GW4ALG