Re: LF: Please more normal CW activity on Saturday and Sunday morning

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Please more normal CW activity on Saturday and Sunday morning
From: "Mike Dennison" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2001 16:43:21 -0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
PA0SE wrote:
. . . . . . . . . . invariably the question comes what the best
times are to listen for a signal. My answer has always been "Saturday
and Sunday morning".  But I'm afraid that won't help the newcomer much
anymore because there are hardly any signals to be heard nowadays.
Perhaps from time to time a CQ, most of the time not being answered
and some QRSS, which is unlikely to be recognised by a newcomer as an
amateur signal.

Dick has a good point here, and many of us are guilty of pursuing our own particular interest without thinking of possible newcomers to the band.

I prefer to use QRS at the weekends because I can multi-task and do jobs round the house whilst the Tx is doing the slow sending, but I will try to make at least one 'real' QSO on Saturday and Sunday morning every week.

Mike, G3XDV (IO91VT)
http://www.lf.thersgb.net