Re: LF: Beacon signals tonight

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Beacon signals tonight
From: "Bill de Carle" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2001 21:17:11 -0500
Sender: <[email protected]>
At 01:01 AM 1/24/01 +0100, Uwe wrote:
James Moritz schrieb:
Dear LF Group,

So that G3AQC does not feel lonely, I will also run a beacon signal tonight on 135.924kHz. 1Hz seperation is quite small; but anything that stands much chance of seeing either signal will easily seperate them too. I don't think there are any Loran lines on this frequency - if there are, or any other problems please let me know. I hope to start around 2200, and will be sending the 90s dashes signal I described before, together with occasional CW IDs. I will carry on until I get thoroughly fed up!!

Cheers, Jim Moritz
73 de M0BMU

Hi Jim, Hi Laurie,
report here in jo43sv for both signals: `o` or 579. used ant: LW of >lambda/4
length without preamp. exactly btwn ur signal-lines is a >loran-c-line, but vy
weak.
regards
Uwe/dj8wx

I am seeing a pair of weak lines straddling what seems to be a Loran C
line (strong here) - but I don't have any way to be sure these lines
correspond to Laurie's and Jim's signals.  At the settings I'm using
the frequency resolution is good (0.016 Hz) but each pixel covers some
62.44 seconds of time so I don't have any chance of seeing any actual
keying; I figure I'm lucky just to detect their presence, hi!

It would help a great deal if someone over there who is able to receive
these signals at good strength could measure their exact frequencies so
I can pin them down at this end.  If you can't measure absolute frequency,
at least it should be possible to measure the difference between the two
signals if you can see them both on the screen at the same time.
Thanks in advance.

Fingers still crossed :-)

Bill VE2IQ