LF: QRSSSS - first results

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: QRSSSS - first results
From: "Mike Dennison" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2001 09:27:52 -0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
I tried using the latest Argo to receive VA3LK last night and came across two problems.

Firstly, the frequency stability - presumably of my IC-706 Mk1 - was not good enough for the 30s dot setting. After a long warm-up period, it settled down to a ragged line that wandered all over the screen. My son opened a window in the next room to the shack and the Loran lines moved off the screen completely! Does anyone else have experience of this? I believe a high stability oscillator is available for the 706.

Secondly, I used the screen capture facility for the first time and has several good images, then lots and lots of pictures of my screen saver! Ooops.

It seems that a bit more work is needed before I am properly QRV.

Mike, G3XDV (IO91VT)
http://www.lf.thersgb.net