Re: VLF: in VK?

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: VLF: in VK?
From: Dimitrios Tsifakis <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2019 08:59:12 +1100
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20161025; h=mime-version:references:in-reply-to:from:date:message-id:subject:to :content-transfer-encoding; bh=V6iwi9MEqWpBe5SfloWpXkogT9CdvLKkPzJLiOWbtbc=; b=dMkycOPRv/hrA9T2XL8NFzhp0mgFliKfAZbQp3OA5l29EwnSGVRayj+We+98DjszDh VGOAGspRqC+9DATcE/qvNVL731dhRwTT3NV63zKeVcdjC9UF3U/M9mhaXHQfcL3uFKKi RT2WAybO2ZSu81SgR7AvcuhJRBSr09z7ZOeJyb4unPAcJPv44gQaI4YmM3heUwX9nrYA WmBrvGU3bEE31AePuDolRseD97Eh8SZvdMhu+h0wqjUsK+C5ZNcn619ebbkLLanJocBW 5vog+qd3wsu/3D3Y0koOkmPoQswCChKLz3edfhI/SOJ3rsK7LJ5dU0ac5F1s53giuL+C EZ1Q==
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Marco and Stefan,

Competing with NWC Harold Holt would be insanity, regardless of the
regulation, that's a frequency to certainly avoid :-)

You must have a much larger antenna than me as in my current 140 m^2,
3-turn loop, I can reach a bit over a 1 uW with a 1 kW input! There
are many physical limitation that cannot be exceeded that will never
allow me 200 uW with this antenna. Of course, that's just the start,
once I get some success, I will be looking for larger antennas (and I
do have some ideas which extend past my fence). You know the
addiction!

Anyway, my plan is to start at 29.999 kHz (the entrance to VLF!)
first. My antenna works a lot better on that frequency. I will them
move down in frequency. For the legal limit of 7.5 uW, what distance
would you expect a QRSS10 signal to cover at 29.99 kHz? We'll find out
this weekend but I can start taking bets today! :-)

73, Dimitris VK2COW

Στις Πέμ, 7 Φεβ 2019 στις 7:21 μ.μ., ο/η DK7FC <[email protected]> έγραψε: