Re: VLF: in VK?

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: VLF: in VK?
From: Dimitrios Tsifakis <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2019 09:01:47 +1100
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20161025; h=mime-version:references:in-reply-to:from:date:message-id:subject:to :content-transfer-encoding; bh=SU1+tsfQLaQp6JPu9fpE1nHxPZIKmJ2LW/lWwiW59O0=; b=C9vIpVc26TpyQdnocF/29nGO3LQEOMfu0zryM2ztOm62XchBBufDvdmTJiF34hpXJk S5QVd+t6e0zdAu5gSfXaxEZuh3ZjNEF5/VmGsvNNLmgL41Fu0D+H/AZ243H4DlBjAu4u CogUUB6M42UAH1DtEU1hW4APoQ85jqkta84WGksxDSiqgSmvhuGx/v+CZG4lFhicor3e 1jeElw1nDxJ9PMb+OG3xg+iusZ/SoBgVnJysVTtIGqMt5aeOfjXWNmdHi6UCRv33lzrf 1gikUYRpqV+nX98VgJsYqEp/QpnYY1s26OYxf3w3FYv+bVfbqdiNpnQD7bpJTuI/WA4d DGqw==
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Stefan and VLF,

well, I am now officially hooked! My signal on 29.5 kHz (VLF's edge)
has been detected 22.3 km away in Canberra by Dale VK1DSH. Only
casualty is the russian mica capacitors (K31-11-3) which got really
hot (I was focusing on the amplifier and neglected the poor caps). I
had 4 of them in parallel, each 4700 pF.  Maybe they will recover if I
let them cool down :-)

That's probably a first for Australia, I haven't heard anyone else
doing tests like this.

I now have to wait for properly sized caps that should be coming in
the mail.. Then we can continue the exploration of VLF :-)

73, Dimitris VK2COW

Στις Σάβ, 9 Φεβ 2019 στις 1:20 π.μ., ο/η DK7FC <[email protected]> έγραψε: