Re: LF: Ublox 8 question

To: Riccardo Zoli <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: Ublox 8 question
From: Chris Wilson <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2019 11:53:10 +0000
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20161025; h=date:from:reply-to:message-id:to:subject:in-reply-to:references :mime-version:content-transfer-encoding; bh=FJUvTx/yPFUjsWu7Chnuo5425Qew2fRvrvRapg4OnR4=; b=H+DrqZmPR/am4TwthxA+KgujYprhJpGogv7nl31ff21coWYFHspHsWJsAbTrGNByMx NBPskFhRxNI8rpJv4fO671d4PpzkRG6Z0Z9F7hbKf+3yszLQK2BJhj8+YohvTPRj1euI fFRxrzTcf/2eazj3UD3Y84Eeugcklvaxndhw4Bt5exemETcXP43kwVhPWWQDMs1eDSTN z4B6QGSETmWT3pVdwcRoCefbCxM1A+soFA+r4Ns9DuXTc0ORMY2u16i98g5xt9OMplFd ofBmjIa5SPr3VUKq9qLslgAZP5xgZtQpO1ws0NUEe3bLAhMuaqBctyo9A3AsVtpllicB FiwQ==
References: <[email protected]> <CANA3B6V=UBmf2hJcxOkH7p1hMuHaTBP3uduy7rL-=kL5Mw1p3Q@mail.gmail.com> <[email protected]> <CANA3B6VefKy=hYMunqXtFJ18W=zB-Dj-htgNNv0=bJivS2T54g@mail.gmail.com> <[email protected]> <CANA3B6UDWT69iZtOBgmP+csuU1FvK3nrbY_EpEE3J8JtnqJbvw@mail.gmail.com> <[email protected]> <[email protected]> <[email protected]> <[email protected]> <CANA3B6XiSnx-PfL2yKSKrMo0ma_b51_SEBP95p6J=v26MjbjPw@mail.gmail.com>
Sender: [email protected]

Hello Riccardo,

Thanks,  a  good  point I will be sure to bear in mind! I have further
info so will copy paste what i posted to the "Time Nuts" forum in case
it helps anyone else.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Ublox M8T is now fixed! For future reference this is what was
wrong. CSG Shop ship various versions of this GPS module on a generic
board, as far as I can tell, and reading between the lines. Some
versions need this jumper across two of the three normally bare solder
pads. Mine seems to have "escaped" with a Neo_M8T but the jumper
soldered in place needed for NEO_M8L and NEO-M8U modules. Upon
removing it the device now outputs under control of the current
release of U-Centre software on TP0 and TP2. If anyone wants a photo
of how the pads should be for the M8T I can take one and link here.
But basically the M8T module should have NO jumpers across the three
pads on the reverse side of the board...A learning experience I could
have done without, but at least I have learnt something and it can now
be cased up :) Thanks to all for help here and by direct e-mail.

--
Best regards,
 Chris                            mailto:[email protected]