Re: LF: Ebnaut receiver frequency stability qustion

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Ebnaut receiver frequency stability qustion
From: Markus Vester <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2018 00:26:29 +0000 (UTC)
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=aol.com; s=a2048; t=1545179192; bh=kGTopBGSZP8croCxdfqHdoSJGe6p5BuDCaqEhB90Q44=; h=Date:From:To:Subject:References:From:Subject; b=K59m66uVkeDMsmO4YgGFfiaHyuRXC2f9V0GQ+3QVY+NliCxsjetRydJAclxu4nGRa1Z9xR1TOMgzG3qUOlwwtGyUsflB/OclutXtZl2CcVlJmf/yO93IAfHdx0bAaDVw+ApjQkTGRabvfK5OxiBCflgoQojeCda8koBwqs31bDGxZX5I6j/YeirFuJSwlVjWMSUnMdhE1JL5Bj3YJEOTII5CRgkrQ59nRKMCGmQEBASsB4jYjXCKyPczi1tljNKspQGJ0L8cEJ5+GgqTDZqmt8ZfXtlDjUOfYFlxphdswgg04SGUfA9gVtnnH2IbnoN046BG2pQMIqTXGJqQF6yAAQ==
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Chris,

Kiwi-SDR: Last year I asked the same question to John Seamons, and he explained that the GPS frequency correction is done in software, and won't actually lock the LO phase to GPS.

RSP2: It seems possible to replace the TXCO by an external 24 MHz reference. But the difficulty with the digital output is that you need to be sure that buffer over/underruns never occur in the subsequent audio processing. With an analog receiver, SpecLab can correct glitches when you feed a 1pps time reference to the other soundcard channel. Unfortunately you can't do that with an all-digital audio path.

73, Markus