Re: LF: WSPR-15 last night

To: N1BUG <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: WSPR-15 last night
From: Chris Wilson <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2018 17:56:22 +0000
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20161025; h=date:from:reply-to:message-id:to:subject:in-reply-to:references :mime-version:content-transfer-encoding; bh=FD0Fmyr6lyO25ZXO7dplIphvcAZ3UiXU5b3XAcC1/cg=; b=mxhWv7WjZsNYwoZDCAyOAJeNWutfq3dYGygcTsWgf4t2BzNBqJMlyYaqohP2XNQOa9 pzQGvI/Man9ShEFYaCkyKHTan9Y/zr2O7pua5uSBj7GO4cXqiltdDZntwg1o4lRq7JRa WBdr2hgDKVh1x9UT0DVNF9Q3zOtcDFAOwG0asvNqueCkxFceAgB7HzfKcWeYx0jhxLCJ DZHOq6Wgv/o83BnKGQTdVzQUmS8J+ctw6QnWIERqfoVn2XaUESDCtcfPA+mIzorShjNb f2vYwam9++mlmQd0Tw0ROZBMUF17qE64tAEmAEcEGFoFMQK+lcelqUt96VyivEce5fAD japg==
Sender: [email protected]

Hello N1BUG, I don't change any that remain functional and haven't had
an issue. I do use a very cheap Ebay IR temp gun to check all run
similar temperatures and find that a good way to see if one is working
overly hard. I just checked, it's the 32N20 that I have always used. I
think it's the voltage rating rather than current that's a bit
marginal. and there are probably much better FET's with lower gate
capacitance around nowadays for similar cost, but I am loathe to
fiddle until it becomes necessary :) I was talked into buying a used
Metcal RF soldering station at a rally some years back. Best thing I
have ever bought electronics wise. With a high temp tip it will
de-solder and re-solder the drain wire from the copper strip so fast
everything else does not melt. Until you try one it sounds too good to
be true, but I am now 100% converted. With a small tip it is great for
surface mount tiny stuff, too.

--
Best regards,
 Chris                            mailto:[email protected]