RE: LF: Re: 137 kHz WSPR-2 on a 900m long ground loop, this weekend

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: RE: LF: Re: 137 kHz WSPR-2 on a 900m long ground loop, this weekend
From: <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2018 13:55:52 -0400
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=comcast.net; s=q20161114; t=1536688557; bh=16zjlCVi7TFtOwUnepJ51h6/kaflcK91s/JFWutUyIU=; h=Received:Received:From:To:Subject:Date:Message-ID:MIME-Version: Content-Type; b=mptw13cZg6rrxBZe+1MpipWhD+45+tr60Dt1TXovvAeLxJJFnvLcQsUREkUfBGQZ6 L8YR8YThcVo8il4HPY1B6jiexSWmPuV0dzcIxFfJSg3h0xjo+bY8D0n9hxB6hzT6V1 9R4ZHKSLZh4eFQnu2di9/nRVdxWJxWm9p9KP2yKirfzpjfZYq8JHAb1BsqSruUC9pj 3L1H0UL/2v3RkaeqVKHPPH+QCd+MIU23sBlDDZpLIIdA0Btr7yt6biBw8mqA+16cTl hCUMSN5p1uwvAH5SFAegRn0AICliLFzz0jJRUZ0TlP42SQwtAKPalvbv0jRLkSa9EY /PhGmAfyTJH8w==
Sender: [email protected]

Hello Stefan,

Very interesting received-signal spectrum images! Last night I was wondering what the receive characteristics of your ground-loop antenna would be, so your scope spectrum images are a nice surprise.

I looked particularly at the image of 100 kHz span, to see if there was evidence of azimuth directionality, or preference for local (high elevation angle) signals (for received signals).

I could not see evidence of azimuth directionality or high-elevation-angle preference, but I am not too familiar with the bearing and ERP relationships of FTA, GQD, DHO38, (JXN?) and other signals that I tried to identify.

I thought I could see NAA (next to DHO38, at a relevant SNR for the 101.73Hz? bandwidth) and NAU in your spectrum image, but not NML (which was pre-dawn, not surprising to not see it). I interpreted this as evidence of good low-angle sensitivity; but perhaps I didn’t identify the transmitters correctly.

Did you happen to notice any indication of azimuth directionality, or preference for local (high elevation angle) signals, in your received-signal spectra?

Thanks for posting the great images.

73,

Jim AA5BW