Re: LF: Re: 137 kHz WSPR-2 on a 900m long ground loop, this weekend

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Re: 137 kHz WSPR-2 on a 900m long ground loop, this weekend
From: Markus Vester <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 8 Sep 2018 17:52:35 -0400
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Stefan,

indeed your signal has been very consistent around 5 uV/m and -8 to -10 dB in the afternoon. At 230 km range, this would indicate a radiated power around 40 mW (EMRP), or 0.4% antenna efficiency. Around nightfall, heavy QSB set in, with occaional minima where the signal fell below the decode threshold but was still ghastly visible in the waterfall with heavy RDF colour aberrations. I suspect that the diplole emits more high angle radiation than a vertical, possibly leading to deeper fading at intermediate ranges.

Best 73,
Markus (DF6NM)