Re: LF: Antarctica on 630m WSPR

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Antarctica on 630m WSPR
From: DK7FC <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2018 15:28:33 +0100
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/simple; d=posteo.de; s=2017; t=1520519316; bh=naoMfVYT9ty1+zPf98+AsHZNvBuOwYI8olfzA91A+0M=; h=Date:From:To:Subject:From; b=P9GZ2ZqMpO3ARIabwIpuPu/6xkWtgrKsuMOWzARDVVHn6hxnDg1qDWvVXMbyH77g/ aljPzaz/gj7dF/TrOH8LxD3F6jauzoyZ3SWzawLbjTIRe1LFmWRFdV3OPzwuyp3TcI xiOgjbxcgEQhzihmDW7qlSN9Pdea1xyqLcV3lmh09ktL1/B+wqL7PRKyGU57om3SVc OxjO6Z/JU1YdS1A8ipXtvDbZxjGRmARkMiNTuj/Llio4irGXoTgfX0tCVqeoJQc89A csUOLheTyVNsPxv5sAX7FqfOxUh44JG/aZE4s4ZCHkEs1sbDlc4Ni+cQbElnThitmf vQg47IKa6SPJA==
References: <[email protected]> <[email protected]> <[email protected]> <[email protected]> <[email protected]> <[email protected]> <[email protected]> <[email protected]> <[email protected]> <[email protected]> <[email protected]> <[email protected]> <[email protected]> <[email protected]> <[email protected]> <[email protected]> <[email protected]> <[email protected]> <[email protected]> <[email protected]> <[email protected]>
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Felix,

Thanks for the interesting explanation and the chance for all of us to try to leave a decode in Antarctica on 630m.

It is quite a challenge of course but due to the good propagation across sea water we can be optimistic. What we need is a propagation path in darkness. And indeed VK4YB seems to be the one who has the best chance. Maybe someone know him and can inform him to be on the air as soon as the sunset starts at DP0GVN? Usually we see the best chance for a decode just when the greyline reaches RX or TX station. I remember getting a transatlantic decode in late June. It was just during the time when the greyline passed the TX and the RX site and it was a very short time window. A month later or earlier did not produce decodes on the same path. Just to be there right in time i would suggest to try starting 17 UTC. If you can confirm that you will switch to 630m at that time, i will be on air then.

73, Stefan