Re: VLF: TA east to west?

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: VLF: TA east to west?
From: Markus Vester <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2017 18:18:02 -0500
Sender: [email protected]
A couple of American slow VLF-wideband grabbers showing HWU, JXN et al. might come in helpful...  Laurence KL7 is seeing JXN strongly over the pole but that's probably too far north to serve as an indicator for Virginia. From here, we can try to draw conclusions from NAA and NML traces, albeit that's west-east and higher up the band. BTW SpecLab is also able to measure and plot MSK phases, modulo 180°.

In the morning, TA propagation from Alpha Krasnodar (can you look at 14.81 kHz?) will close down earlier than from Heidelberg and Todmorden. Night-to-day transitions should happen at similar times for both directions. I would anyway expect that geomagnetic nonreciprocity would be less on 17 kHz than on 8 kHz.

73, Markus

Paul wrote:

>> I notice from recent T/A west to east, W4DEX + VO1NA continue
with good S/N well into daylight. Also we don't see good
S/N before 23:00 or 00:00. The path seems to start late
and finish late. Perhaps the same is true of east to west?
We just don't know. This frequency, this path, this distance,
all completely new and we have no carrier tests to guide us.

Stefan wrote.