Re: LF: RE:G4HUP aerial current meter

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: RE:G4HUP aerial current meter
From: "Mike Dennison" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2017 12:22:50 +0100
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=ntlworld.com; s=meg.feb2017; t=1502882573; bh=GTX4ZqFspx5IvJnuhly1eXRwZwd4HfOeP8ZK3uVPAqc=; h=From:To:Date:Subject:Reply-to:In-reply-to:References; b=dkeIEQK02Vc+jlvyOw9JzMns82r2wMi9sAynhRdCOowKt0oD7Za4PnmJeIi4Z5htM GgPAKD3CWAgmO/u5vhiOA2sHqRvdnFc1dCW4/NltmYNQWSeGU/Zd39IIwqVejre2KH UuvMx3c8TWjr3yhWolKHEtUihyxDiJSiWTPE5Sdh6Hy6avTOKjZ3rpNdl9L09SLnvX vh83N2aksi993XLTGfwlCLWwVA4OQQRGFFXKs7IRWfhtaq8UoCa7mn8jQxMLtlHZP4 zQsuUsSasVey2h3jFTSPWUyvVT7HqFaf+5/sUjm4cmFyNMW24eimLQPMu2TdIuoIDD yl0HWlEFViCUA==
Sender: [email protected]
I made several modifications to get 5A FSD on my meter. Firstly, I
used all of the supplied wire to make 17t on the toroid instead of
the recommended 10t. I changed the input resistors which were getting
hot with 3A RF. I also added a fixed resistor in series with the
meter. This of course changed the old 100mA range to something like
2A, but it could easily be retained with some slightly more complex
mods.

I calibrated the HUP meter with a Russian WW2 thermocouple ammeter,
and found its linearity to be good. A very nice piece of kit.

Mike, G3XDV