Re: VLF: Carrier on 3675.005 Hz

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: VLF: Carrier on 3675.005 Hz
From: DK7FC <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 08 Aug 2017 22:23:22 +0200
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Paul,

Thanks for the image and efforts. And for the advice on vlfrx tools. It will take some time to apply all that.
Without the E field (on your side) we may loose a few dB these days i guess.

Seems the result is even poorer than on 2.97 kHz? But we can't say much in such conditions, don't we/you?

What do you suggest, does it makes sense to continue to run the carrier? Otherwise i would try some first EbNaut on that 82 km band over to DL0AO in 226 km.

73, Stefan

Am 08.08.2017 17:31, schrieb Paul Nicholson:

Stefan wrote:

> ...since 14:40 UTC [July 28th] a carrier is running on 3675.005 Hz

Here's the best I've got so far, using the daytime signal

 http://abelian.org/vlf/tmp/170808a.gif

Not a significant signal but we could take it as a hint that
something is there.

This is H-field only, E-field rx is not usable at the moment for
long integrations - too many interruptions for modifications.

--
Paul Nicholson