Re: ULF: A new step on the large ULF coil...

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: ULF: A new step on the large ULF coil...
From: DK7FC <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2016 19:05:30 +0200
Sender: [email protected]
Hi ULF,

It's just a few weeks ago, now the 5th stack is wound on the coil: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/19882028/ULF/20161026_185804.jpg

The DC resistance rose from 445 Ohm to 572 Ohm.
The measured resonance frequency (using the antenna equivalent C in the shack) dropped from 3.667 kHz down to 3.208 kHz. That should be about 4.92 H.
Measured at 273V AC / 50 Hz, i'm getting 197 mA, so the actual inductance is 4.0 H.

A 6th stack and a variometer part is needed!

73, Stefan