Re: ULF: EbNaut transmissions on lower frequencies?, pre-tests

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: ULF: EbNaut transmissions on lower frequencies?, pre-tests
From: DK7FC <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 03 May 2016 11:42:23 +0200
Sender: [email protected]
That's perfect Paul! Thanks for the decode. The error map is astonishing clean! So 200s symbols to 30s symbols that's 8 dB and without the 6 dB QRP, here we are: 14 dB :-)

Still some things to prepare for next tests. Need to finish the usage of 'Oskar' now, because it wil be much easier to add the remaining 2 yoghurt cups on the coil to get more L. I thought about the old times and the 46 km band. Not only i have been on 6.47 kHz these days, if i remember correctly it was DF6NM and OE5ODL as well. I would like to come back to that band for some tests. Maybe we can see a first tendency of advantages / disadvantages.

73, Stefan

Am 03.05.2016 07:34, schrieb Paul Nicholson:

Stefan wrote:

> 130 mA
> f = 8270.1 Hz
> Start time: 01.05.2016   15:00:02 UTC
> Period: 200 s
> Length: 5
> CRC 16
> Coding 8K19A

Copied 'VLFDX'

Reference phase: constant
Eb/N0: +5.4 dB
BER: 26.8 %
Carrier: S/N: 19.77 dB in 9.8 uHz
Error map: http://abelian.org/vlf/tmp/160502a.gif

I am seeing the expected 6dB signal reduction
at the lower antenna current.

--
Paul Nicholson