Re: ULF: EbNaut transmissions on lower frequencies?

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: ULF: EbNaut transmissions on lower frequencies?
From: Paul Nicholson <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 1 May 2016 14:06:34 +0000
Sender: [email protected]

Amateur radio DX at ULF, that would be a result for any
dreamer wouldn't it?

You've proved that propagation will allow 24hrs at
8.27kHz, and we expect most lower frequencies will be at
least as stable - so long as we avoid the cavity resonances.
Near those frequencies, dispersion will introduce large
and variable phase delay.

So avoiding the resonances, and times of geomagnetic
disturbance, and stormy weather in Europe, and being able
to tx and rx for as long as necessary with reliable
equipment, it should be possible even with 14dB weaker signal.

The first thing to do would be to get a carrier detection
and measure that to estimate the required symbol period.

--
Paul Nicholson