RE: LF: Paint buckets as coil forms

To: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
Subject: RE: LF: Paint buckets as coil forms
From: VIGILANT Luis Fernández <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2016 11:09:58 +0000
Accept-language: es-ES, en-US
Sender: [email protected]
Warren. That's a perfect song for the job ! :-)

Thank you for the ideas Hugh
Yes, I have also some doubts about the quality of the plastic to last in UV light. But this is relatively easy to solve with another container
covering it all or as you propose, some spray coating for that purpose

For multilayer I was thinking about the Pyramidal Wound technique described at Rik page http://www.strobbe.eu/on7yd/136ant/#CoilLosses
Looks complex to manage with a thin wire. I made a two layer coil with 1.5mm2 wire using this technique and the thick of the wire helps a lot
to keep turns in place. Thinner wire may be doable with much more layers ..... may be ?

73 de Luis
EA5DOM