Re: LF: WOLF Coding

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: WOLF Coding
From: Andy Talbot <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 1 Feb 2016 18:47:12 +0000
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type; bh=SZ9OnlOMBu3CiIgVQdSNrd7FMBML1J2AWoWtwnsg31g=; b=RlUJ3d4Bc1aI3gJ5BpF8kYS2iCrT12mmuTBJphM3iUW1wdItB0nDIqY7PKVzjJvmVd A2YTVnhU9TO+6jXuKTD6FAJv2Na2dJ+aRSdbPftwa5POFkm5YbM2XcSfS9v8OUXvCA84 aV2NffLUqLZU4WxG3aC7r5RJ+qIUj2tTp+HuzEAXUM6t5E4X3ADeUzzMD/dxkOHJ2c1+ 8oueAJqGEyaEb8XvbLl6x52N2hHnCKRT5Dh5lgIdKwvrUmAeFWQFXTvN13MhCx+OlOMS yulsWWd0oa/uxWafd2nWPZxb9eYTfUgyB7k7035GDFAPxHPIruoSz2S1aZ+QdCFQjPtD GPVA==
Sender: [email protected]
Excellent !
Thanks for that pointer

I've just run WOLF_GUI with the -n option and compared the results with that software written five years ago..  When interleaving is used, it gives the same answer.  So all seems to be OK with it.   Wonder why I included an option to leave interleaving out?  Must have had a reason back then...

I want to be able to generate the message in the PIC on the fly, so variable data can be inserted and allow the mode to be used for telemetry type purposes on a beacon transmitter.

See http://www.g4jnt.com/WSJT_Position_reporting.pdf  for an example,  using the  JT4 mode in the WSJT suite for position reporting.    Random timed BPSK is a lot easier to generate and use for this  than is MFSK  in time-locked bursts

Andy  G4JNT