LF: WOLF Coding

To: [email protected], [email protected]
Subject: LF: WOLF Coding
From: Andy Talbot <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 1 Feb 2016 17:18:05 +0000
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; bh=bzMvVdSdNKmQHoAKEieEAsYJJC120FpcfKivksA0IlQ=; b=W6DJ034N3FcWCjmNiGOuU70HYq40O57BWUhXNm3k2e3Pzoli0YedtKQ+I3JhuXxVL9 H9uvhZeIzcVxo1p6Eg30VUsZumx/QuHaeirNna6t9HyXG7u57UnOUjqnkA6irzQgnmmE t/ruCgEBRh22nQtIbSfTb7ns/f88pq70GPPdf5WsQUByoa/Uw2kil+zpQZceZ/10YozK be0NTf+NHebuY1iWeSw+k38J8y7sGYuiT1GdWt/OsyS5eVQFWY5YJVD9aV0CKF+aVT7p NxTXvXdIDxA5rJIKNuvUrsoL/d1OSlsnKccEZGYe5E5NQG27tdheHSp7eGuHiN8JJo+K /wsQ==
Sender: [email protected]
I'm contemplating writing some PIC code to encode WOLF (the software) into a PIC to make a standalone beacon transmitter source.   A generator for the rate 1/6  32 constraint length  convolutional code will fit into a 16F628A chip  without too much difficulty - I've already done it for JT4 and WSPR; it just needs more parallel shift registers and less message memory than those modes do.

Looking back though the archives of various progs written over the years, I found one written back in 2010 that generates the bit pattern for a WOLF message.   So back then,  must have been thinking of doing something with WOLF but it never got beyond a basic coder.   To be able to write that software I must have had the original source code by John / team or Wolf (the operator!) for the mode, but can't find it.

Also have a bit of a conundrum - in that  software I provided the option for interleaving the final data or not, but don't know if the current Wolf GUI software implements interleaving or not.

This is the interleaving code I wrote back then  (PowerBasic language,  variables here are all long ints) but don't know if its currently implemented in the latest versions

IF interlv THEN
                tempj = j
                SHIFT RIGHT tempj , 3
                PTR = k * 80 + (j AND 7) * 10 + tempj + i * 2
            ELSE
                PTR = k * 80 + j + i * 16
            END IF
  outdata(PTR) = b

Is the WOLF source code available anywhere, and is interleaving implemented?

Also, is there an option somewhere to generate a file or even a screen showing of the output bit pattern?
Short of actually running WolfGUI with a test message, recording the output and comparing it with my generated sequence for the same message it's difficult to know if my software gives the right answers.

Andy  G4JNT