LF: Re: MF powerful Beacon in Poland?

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Re: MF powerful Beacon in Poland?
From: "Alan Melia" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2016 23:13:46 -0000
Sender: [email protected]

Hi Richard the thinking on permanent high erp beacons has for some long time on these narrow LF/MF bands is that they are not really needed now and if installed make receiving weak DX stations more difficult for others. My own thought is that you are in the wrong place.....too near the centre of activity. A beacon to be useful needs to be at the perifery of operation. I would venture that within Europe it has no real utility. Now a station like that making contacts on CW and other modes would be welcomed I am sure.

50m is still "low" for a dipole and the "T" configuration would work better at that height.

Others may have different views :-))
Alan
G3NYK