Re: LF: MF powerful Beacon in Poland?

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: MF powerful Beacon in Poland?
From: DK7FC <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 30 Jan 2016 00:30:28 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Hi again,

Am 30.01.2016 00:05, schrieb Richard S:
My concept is to have a "real" beacon that would act as a marker of propagation, but when I look at WSPR I wonder if such an idea is outdated and the era of traditional beacons is over?

That era may be over but who cares? If you want to run one, just do it, no matter what era is. In the early 2000s, CW was not part of the radio amateur licence exam any more. Some of those who didn't like the mode told us that the era of CW is over now. So, is it? During the x-mas time in 2014 i run a CW beacon (50 BPM or so) and got email reports by dozens of radio amateurs and SWLs. Some of them became active on the band later!
So i would say it is worth to do it. You will see about the feedback.

73, Stefan