Re: LF: MF powerful Beacon in Poland?

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: MF powerful Beacon in Poland?
From: Richard S <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 30 Jan 2016 00:05:28 +0100
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type; bh=yzrLh2rJb1rbazYMjEnoGPI1C0nqNH0/s95k91Z5vlU=; b=qteMSmKm7z8xn5Fa7UimUg3T9jumJkDA3z8bQBi2qHnd+Sy5V7Hdwe7UwWblKhoDsJ eShTmPhc4LBDZHOPbGnHAuaEO+2q9Rr1cUjrRZOJtGfQqFtDRDkWlwx+mLjbWFVdwiKh i1ylonGB4UcaRzwQouY/KPnCHTAs6/+FlvC4HDmDbQgbhkSYqfQz2Cw7Bn0J/Rr33w4h ZTwNrnYwhaFG3ASoowgUthIZPgFholK5ye/Fnf+HmuXOHONQfrufyajLiaQ3z3GkcNmL G6LJgcWD2WUhN0s5zulc0djBu3Jty8D5HNvYFTVoW5vn5sXdz7+fARNEd81CqGNJmzpE yv2w==
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Markus,
I live in a 15 floor building, on top of which there is a 30 meter mast, and my building - by Warsaw standards - is "small". (I set a QRP world record in 2005 from such a building on 3.5mhz)

Many amateurs have access to far higher objects (:

Thus to hang a dipole on such a building would not be expensive and to mount a 1w TX at the dipole center point would make beacon construction simple.

My concept is to have a "real" beacon that would act as a marker of propagation, but when I look at WSPR I wonder if such an idea is outdated and the era of traditional beacons is over?

Richard SO5GB