Re: LF: DL-SWL

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: DL-SWL
From: John Andrews <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 4 Jan 2016 14:14:45 -0500
Sender: [email protected]
For those who may be newer to this part of our hobby, Hartmut Wolff is somewhat of a legend in receiving TA signals in the 137 kHz band. Night after night while others could only see Loran lines and the debris from DCF39, Hartmut produced screenshots of some pretty weak North American signals. He also gave reports on the sadly-orphaned WOLF mode. As recently as last month, his 137.780 kHz grabber showed my signal on nights that it was invisible on the UK and other DL grabbers.

At one point, it was suggested that he was not actually living in DL, but at some intermediate location. Atlantis was a possibility...

Anyway, thanks very much, Hartmut, for continuing to watch for all of these weak signals.

John, W1TAG