Re: LF: Valve LF amps and tank coil size / voltage rating?

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Valve LF amps and tank coil size / voltage rating?
From: DK7FC <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 14 Nov 2015 23:37:28 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Chris,

Am 14.11.2015 21:00, schrieb Chris Wilson:
OK, but what about wire breakdown voltages? In all the big air cored
LF tanks I have seen the windings are well spaced on ceramic, or
Paxolin type grooved formers, how do I know a close wound toroidal
coil won't break down?

I have built a few HV supplies using decent industrial quality iron
cored transformers, the biggest is 5kV at 1.5 Amps, which can also be
fed from a 40 Amp Variac, to drop the primary down.
Very well, i see you are thinking in the right dimensions! :-)

I do have a reasonable collection of failed FET's though :) In
fairness user error was the demise of most of them.
LOL!
I never built a tube PA so far. But it is time!
I'll say it againV = 4.44.F.N.A.B  (all SI units)
V = 4.44.F.N.A.B = 176.F.N.A.B ?

73, Stefan