Re: LF: Re: EA5DOM-DK7FC-EA2HB

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Re: EA5DOM-DK7FC-EA2HB
From: DK7FC <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 14 Nov 2015 23:48:59 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Luis,

Am 14.11.2015 08:40, schrieb VIGILANT Luis Fernández:
Thank you for the QSO too. You were booming here 599. Easy copy but I still
have to train
my ears a bit, not to get "false or nill decodes" hi hi
Yes, it would be fine if you would become a regular active station so we can have longer QSOs! Each monday evening we are active arround 21...22 UTC.
No problem, you learn CW best by doing it.
In spring 2001 i still had to write CW text on a paper to read and understand it then, no direct reading by brain was possible. Then in fall 2001 i was became member of the HSC. Just 6 months. I just had done 100s of (real!) QSOs and was active 2 hours per day in that mode.

I know Federico EA2HB and we have made two CW QSOs. Yesterday I got him random
and then
after we talked by phone. Told you about your schedule so he waited to try the
QSO. He is a 76 yeard old
man and very technical skilled in MF. He was technician and PTT inspector in
the 60-90ths
And one of the five experimental licenses in EA on 500Khz before we got access
to 477 and 136KHz

He told me he tried with you several times answering your CQs but nill so far.
One of the problems was QRG
At first he was calling you 100Hz over your QRG and later 220Hz. If you use
narrow filters this shuld be an
added problem
No problem. When calling CQ i'm always sitting in front of my monitor and see all signals coming in on the band. I quickly moved the RX to that frequency but it was just 3 dB to weak to copy.
His Tx conditions are limited. He can not run more power because there are
archs somewere on the coil
The problem is that he doesn`t feel secure working on the roof, so not many
chances for him to improve
Arcs on the coil? On MF? that must be a small coil. I bet this could be improved but i don't know details. Since he almost got it, maybe this motivates him to try to improve the situation by another 3 dB?

73, GL.
Stefan