LF: Valve LF amps and tank coil size / voltage rating?

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Valve LF amps and tank coil size / voltage rating?
From: Chris Wilson <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 14 Nov 2015 19:06:26 +0000
Sender: [email protected]

If you built a decent power valve LF amp what is the realistic voltage
limit to ferrite cored tank circuits? In other words, what plate
voltage / current is the limit for say a ferrite cored toroidal coil
before you have to move on to an air cored (very large?) tank coil?
Anyone have any links to the limiting figures? All the highish power
valved LF amps I can find are commercial and size was probably not an
issue, but MAYBE they were pre ferrite toroids, I am not sure when
they came into usage. Thanks.

--

Best regards,
 Chris  2E0ILY                           mailto:[email protected]