LF: Heidelberg remote MF receiver

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Heidelberg remote MF receiver
From: "Markus Vester" <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 27 Jun 2015 00:39:46 +0200
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Stefan,

it looks like signals are consistently better on your remote receiver, perhaps around 6 dB or something in that ballpark. So it seems that all your work is finally paying off! I'm looking forward to see a daytime comparison tomorrow.

My guess is that the main contributor to frequency variation would be the 461 kHz LO crystal rather than the soundcard samplerate. Anyway exchanging the 12 MHz crystal may possibly have no effect at all, because the samplerate of USB soundcards is usually derived from the bus master clock (ie the RasPi) and not from the internal crystal on the dongle.

Best 73,
Markus (DF6NM)