Re: LF: 476.181 kHz from indoor loop

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: 476.181 kHz from indoor loop
From: Dimitrios Tsifakis <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2015 11:38:45 +1000
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type; bh=68eSK/YxRxUgLGnQnhTmukUBHE30kmlynV8DSswzb2Q=; b=H+74zQg7Z6gcH8AIXqzU8Ne2ZKXOVaeVSv/QSNv+s6t6F8ZiUSCgMyiIMWrG3rHSzT Bdxbx2D0Wp+xs7Vjj3rfWwhbQkdBvRsDqjJZC+9VPp0F1FiiYxqRHwz8XE0iTMm4BgRG E0M8U0Mfjl7j02YKIqZiOwwOTAlc4JO8xOqgn00UMmhiy4XKx8ptMMmTEvWYvshxl5AE cKdk6mMi5P1G09PnAHjd+wHnnD1VkXm4zVSdK0wwiD0iAUgSJEyW16b7ov9Q5n5cY8K2 oi8KFoPYpQDEDbLBHd4/o8wFjZt9z7OfOe7EWDG0I/5CbvvKbZX03Rc6ZzCK9n+ieNxS k7GA==
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Markus,

very nice experiment! I did something similar some time ago:

http://people.physics.anu.edu.au/~dxt103/472/small_loop/

I would like now to make a larger loop using a 20m thick coaxial cable
and try to get that impedance as low as possible to increase the
efficiency. I will be setting this up out in the open in order to
avoid the influence of nearby object. Good to know that the FKP-1 caps
did not have any problems with the 7.8 A current. I am planning to use
either the FKP-1 in series as you have done, or some large broadcast
type silver mika (5 kV rated).

Good fun!

73, Dimitris VK2COW/VK1SV