RE: LF: Best results so far from Germany to Tasmania

To: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
Subject: RE: LF: Best results so far from Germany to Tasmania
From: Laurence KL1 X <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2013 17:16:09 -0800
Sender: [email protected]
I dont under stand Polar conditions and Ive been "living them" for over 35 years :-))

I was taking a look at the 137KHz Alaska to ZL ZL6QH tests back some ten years ago from my previous QTH near Anchorage Airport

http://kl7uk.com/ZL6QH.jpg

It appears the path was very good then but still with some QSB - but I was using 120 normal not slow - I could see his signal to dot 20 slow at times. I dunno - I think given enough evenings of dedicated TXing and receiving the path should be open "quite often" - thats a nice unscientific term - I think with my ERP and main lobe bearings it should be possible on MF and a tadge more difficult at the 3W level on 137.

The Oklahoma to New Zealand 137kHz path was open for what appeared to be 9 month of the year from XDW to ZL4OL - an odd path that waz too.  I also took a look at my Cental America to Europe 137 sessions and again they appeared less affected by the Geo stuff - mind you it was a good sea path give or take the Turriabla Volcano :-)

cant wait till you decode the Polar stuff -

Laurence in the snow still...