Re: LF: Re: My transmit converter description

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: Re: My transmit converter description
From: "mal hamilton" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2013 13:46:17 -0000
Sender: [email protected]
Pete
I have built and used class E amps for years and have always succeeded in getting a rounded off  trailing edge presentation on the scope.
If the amp is aligned properly as per Sokai instructions the perfect Drain wave is achievable otherwise the voltage spikes present will kill the Fet eventually. If it is used in a QRP rig of a few watts with a hefty FET I expect you will get away with it but then it is not really class E.
g3kev