Re: LF: WSPR

To: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: WSPR
From: Roger Lapthorn <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2013 17:39:06 +0000
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type; bh=XeMIp57gfp95rv4SA/0eq95HybFB4Qz3iF7O4fc4JBs=; b=nWbwgiJO/uev/NdCTLM4OkvofM9y1YAoC4j3VTcmZzztxxhRvqoV/oN0bvAVNfCvEp ROr30R2OrxSGJX1nutdIBVEYtVIgoAFdEebPwi1JY0eI1mbNA0pVLa/HCtcaUePojZWv m/d+8B/k0hGdn5oxbRyKlLsQEUS0rkGDxpr2xWgdiP851KIXlK6jgUdYNsEBfSkNTz1B j0ysAdNnSU6sKNha0uEqr0a6orpV6uLfIujsHEqBgbZMeUY195hrqGaDJYBR+bPt5sTF +PXaADoD7WvW/PnN32zUOPPrc8vSD1Bo/usnfB9SHx8tI+eVPhSHjbCH9lO/jEcfKtJh 4Hrw==
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Stefan,

Here I was copying you on 136kHz WSPR last night with an untuned antenna and a deaf FT817.  PA0A had his set-up showing the wrong band for a time, so maybe it was one of his spots of me you saw on 136kHz TX?  I hope to be WSPRing and JT9 active on 136kHz by the end of the week, on the earth electrode antenna, when a new 136kHz version of my MF 10W transverter is ready. From previous experience, this is a LOT harder than 472kHz with small/compromise antennas at this power level.

Have just checked that my current WSPR settings are correctly on 474.2kHz. At the moment I am using my "10m halo feeder" as a 6m long Marconi. In the week I am rigging up a coax so I can run the earth-electrode antenna from the upstairs shack with the transverter in the back of the garage at the feed point to the earth-electrode antenna. Another local G4HJW is experimenting with a 30m spaced earth-electrode antenna on 472kHz WSPR and getting quite decent results - he is also seeing loop-like directionality. Another local G4KPX is using 1W RF into a 1m diameter loop indoors and getting reports from decent distances. He is a good signal with me. Amazing. His ERP is a lot less than 100uW.

You may remember that I have copied both you and G3XIZ on the earth-electrode antenna on 8.97kHz. I think DJ8WX and one of the Austrians was copied on 8.97kHz on my 80m sq loop when this was up.

73s
Roger G3XBM