Re: LF: RE: Re: What is the best QRSS software to allow QRSS to be gener

To: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: RE: Re: What is the best QRSS software to allow QRSS to be generated as an AUDIO tone?
From: Roger Lapthorn <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2013 19:08:14 +0000
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type; bh=9tgDwGcY8TnAdGlzwTddGggKek7Mo4iktobQtlQRBWg=; b=xrV1Gh3yNa0IbZXSSHst2A/jiFIPUOR315VLrloMld0e2PMbO2fB6y1C+W85XKleIj jMxex/kNLJwJgVSetjCXxz/VZUpbQv23dKlVuEFQGWEjwy6dAxIbnZ5k4n7EE9wbu5Hg K28+K50J79WbAhuhosYk89Ou9OoJBBoDBjn+lADLzoCHaOczz4v0i/mH+7MIY3Sv42/j SGSWHGrlj8cHJ2VD7OOnyFznN8vRLxODs0hb2fFGTRQDxg6ucMvKc+c9+ApZEVhwo+QJ /4NA8rMZ3z5AnqFisFMYpz5DP6ZYufZ7s1cK/S7Jw7Ob+m6DLJcrNhT97W18bjWPScAG GsRg==
Sender: [email protected]
Thanks Rik.

I will try QRS and Multimode selecting the external USB connected sound card as the default soundcard and see if that works. Being able to select the internal soundcard or an external one from within the program might be more convenient, so something to consider for the future.

Regarding the earth electrodes, they are 2 x 1m long copper earth rods driven all the way into the soil. My chalk bedrock is about 1.5-2m down, so not quite reaching this. Someone suggested that insulating the rods until the bedrock is reached might help reduce losses in the wet soil.  I am hoping to have the new 136kHz transverter up and running next week and I will try QRSS3 or 30 with it feeding the earth electrodes initially and do some local "drive around" tests to see how the signal varies locally - i.e. see how directional the system is at 136kHz. Incidentally, a couple of years ago G3XDV copied my QRSS3 beacon on 136kHz at 61km when I was running just 2.5W into the earth electrodes. I should be able to run 10dB more next week.

73s
Roger G3XBM